06 January 2008

Divine Comedy

I ran across this passage, and thought I would share:

Isaiah 56:3-5
Let not the eunuch say, 'Behold, I am a dry tree.' For thus says YAHWEH: 'To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, who choose the things that please me and hold fast my covenant, I will give in my house and within my walls a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which shall not be cut off.'

Get it? Eunuch? Cut off? I don't know much about that Isaiah guy, but it's pretty obvious he was really funny. It's no wonder Christianity is so popular. I wonder if the other really popular religions are filled with this kind of cleverness.

I'll let you know what I find out. Next stop: Buddhism. The look on that guy's face, you know he had lots of good jokes.

No comments: